Back In The Swing Of Things

It has been a long first two weeks of school, but an exciting first two weeks! EXCITING NEWS: I got engaged recently! I was so surprised and so lucky to find to the love of my life. I got engaged on a Saturday, so when I came back to school on Monday I read Lilly's Big Day by Kevin Henkes to my class. After reading it I had my kids guess why I choose to read that book. After a few random guesses one student finally said 'Because you're getting married!' They were so excited! And of course all the girls want to be my flower girl after reading the story.

 
I saw a fun art activity on a blog this summer (so sorry I can't recall which one) and decided we had to do it. The students made their own owls out of poster board and scrapbook paper. Hobby Lobby had scrapbook paper for half-off so I stocked up on tons of fun paper. I told the kid to make their owl represent their interests and personalities. I would say they did a fabulous job. We hung them in our classroom 'tree.'

No comments:

Post a Comment