We Are Thanksful

Each year, around November, I pull out my giant turkey and have the students list what they are thankful for on construction paper feathers. Usually they include the number (example: 2 parents, 1 sister, 3 best friends) and add them up to get the total. Well, in math right now we are focusing on graphing and I was struggling with how to incorporate this activity into our unit. Whelp, I couldn't figure out a way. And then I had a light bulb moment! We were learning about commas in a series! Together we brainstormed the things that we are thankful for on the board, then the students wrote a sentence listing all the things they were thankful for on the feather. I love my turkey and I must say the kids did a great job with commas in their lists. 


No comments:

Post a Comment