Getting to Know Me!



You want to get to know me a bit better? Well… let’s see.
I am an Auburn graduate and this will be my 8th year teaching. Have taught in three different schools, and I actually moved my first four years. This year my school is moving into a temporary location for the year while they tear down and rebuild our school. So, basically I am no stranger to packing up a classroom.
 
My husband and I have been married for almost 3 years. We are serious homebodies and couldn’t be happier with takeout and a movie at home.

I am slightly obsessed with our goldendoodle, Rosie. She is two and a half and full of energy. This is her hanging out in a pot on our back patio.

My husband and I are expecting our first baby in 8 short weeks! Savannah Faith Shurbutt is due to arrive September 17th.

Other fun things about me…
I have an older, yet shorter sister.
I love purple and navy!
I was in special ed in elementary school, because I had a hard time reading. My struggle encouraged me to become a teacher.
I LOVE cheese dip and ice cream… but not at the same time.
I must always have chap stick on me. I am an addict.
I love watching Big Brother!

2 comments:

  1. I love that your doggie's name is Rosie. That's my nickname. Everyone at school calls me Rosie...kids, parents, other teachers, Admin. It was a name that stuck at the first school I taught at for 8 years. When I moved 600 miles away...people still called me that. I'm having a little bit of an identity crisis though because I got married and had to change my last name from Rose to Evans. Lol Congrats on expecting your sweet precious baby. It was great getting to know you a little bit more!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved meeting Rosie yesterday and G is so excited that she could share her things with baby Savannah.

    Jessica
    Notes From the Portable

    ReplyDelete